Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Pretty Good Day!

Today has been better than I thought! My mom had a gift card for PF Changs that she got for Christmas, she invited me out to use it for lunch today. I have never eaten there before and thought that it would tank my healthy eating plans for sure. I ordered vegetable lo mein and ate only half. I also had 1 spring role and split the flourless chocolate dome cake with my mom. I had a delicious 3 course meal for just over 600 calories!

I will finish under my 1400 calorie goal today. This is likely the first day in several months that I will have met that goal...and it feels pretty darn good! I have been neglecting to utilize MyFitnessPal- a calorie and exercise tracking tool. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to add up my calories for the day to see if dinner was even an option. Dinner is an option and is in fact healthy enough that I should end up with 90 calories to spare. I plan on drinking a ton of water after dinner to help keep myself feeling full. If I get an urge for something sweet, I will have a cup of decaf tea sweetened with Stevia.

I did some walking today at Costco and did my exercises from my 60 day exercise challenge. Today was 40 jumping jacks followed by 20 crunches. I must say that jumping jacks are quite an exercise when you need to lose as much weight as I do. It is a little awkward having things "jerk" around. But it definitely got my heart rate up. Crunches never bother me the day I do them....it is always the second or third day, so I am expecting to feel that burn tomorrow!

The one thing I neglected today was water consumption- well, that and housework, but I am still on vacation from school, so I have time for housework. A tall glass of ice water is calling my name after my exercise, which I just completed. I have been doing my exercises in the evening so that they will help me want to eat less.

Today has been a great start for my healthy habits. While I know that every day will not be as easy to follow guidelines as today was, it gives me hope that I do have the will power and drive to achieve my health goals. Today has put a smile on my face for sure. To anyone who may stumble across this page, thank you for reading and best of luck to you in your journey seeking health and happiness as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment