Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's Been A While

Since school started I have been seriously slacking in the blog department.

Good news is that I am doing well in school and have been counting calories and am now back down to my lowest weight since 2008! I am using myfitnesspal (app and website) to track my calories to help me lose weight. My current goal is 1400-1500 calories per day.

I tried to go down to 1200 calories per day, but ended up gaining weight each day I did that. That experience led me to the conclusion that 1400-1500 is a more appropriate range for someone my size. I will continue with this calorie goal until I plateau and will then lower my calorie intake to 1300-1400. I have lost 13.2 pounds since April of last year. I am 5.6 pounds away from my first major goal. I plan on taking it ten pounds at a time from there (I feel it is more managable).

The best part of all is that my mom is doing this with me. She has lost almost as much as I have (over the course of 9 months), just in the past month. It really helps to have someone to ask how I am doing and hold me accountable and I am providing the same service for her.

I got new tennis shoes for working out and have been using them for walking. I went this monday and walked a little over a mile with my mom. We walked to a Chick-fil-A near her work and had lunch(kids meals), then we walked around her office complex for 20 minutes or so. It felt good to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. It doesn't hurt that we have been having unusually warm weather here in Dallas lately.

As usual, I wish anyone who is paying attention out there the best of luck with your own health goals. If anyone wants to communicate to help with staying motivated with losing weight, please let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment