Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's been a while, but don't count me out yet!

Haven't been on here in a while, so I thought I'd touch base. I am 36.8 pounds down from my heaviest, but I am 8 pounds heavier than where I was the week before spring break. To my own credit, I did lose an extra 6 pounds before I left for vacation, hoping that would cover any weight gain- but I took my relaxed eating a bit too far and it caught up with me quickly. I am heading in the right direction though! I am back on track with counting my calories and eating healthy. I am also incorporating walking at night 5 days a week and other forms of exercise added to that at least 3 days a week. All in all, I am feeling pretty good! 

I go through periods where I am totally on top of my health and then times where I just plain get lazy. I am in a upswing right now and feel enthusiastic and excited...I am hoping this mood lasts long enough for me to lose 47.2 pounds. My goal is to get down to 150 pounds by my 30th birthday! It is a big goal, but I think it is achievable!

I am currently enrolled in a PE class at my college. While I had hoped to take the class in-class, I had to take it online. I am probably not exercising as much as I would in-class, but I am being diligent about increasing my stamina and getting my heart rate up each day, even if it is for a short period.

I know what I need to do, I just need to do it! It is that simple. The temptation to eat poorly or to be lazy will always be there. The hardest part for me is to stick to my guns when my husband is around. He is blessed with a miraculous metabolism and can eat as he pleases and is hungry often. My portion sizes tend to get larger when I am with him and the food choices I make tend to pack a bigger punch. Not only do I need to keep myself motivated and fight off the normal bits of laziness or apathy that can get ahold of me, but I have to deal with the daily struggle of watching him have the things that I love that I cannot have. It makes it a bit tougher, but I can honestly say that if I can stand up to that kind of temptation, then I should be pretty capable next time a vacation rolls around! ;-)

'Til next time, here's wishing you the strength and courage to stay on top of your own journey for health!

0 comments:

Post a Comment